The Western Devs sound off on why your company should share and collaborate on its internal code
Recorded on Friday, August 7, 2015
- What is "internal open source" or "internal shared source"?
- Sharing libraries (via a shared package server) vs. shared source
- The importance of a manager for an internally shared project
- Open source vs. traditional corporate: switching to a sharing culture
- Who's responsible for this feature?
- The need for open communication when sharing code: Can I add this feature to your code?
- How can you sell shared source to your boss?
- Cross collaboration and moving to shared engineering standards
- Exposing your code to the company: scary or beneficial
- Risks of sharing your code
- Proper management of forks and pull requests
- The .NET Core's PR review meetings
- Staged approach to implementing internal shared source: open up your own project first
- Legal concerns about sharing your code outside your immediate team
- Is your code really useful to anyone else?