The Western Devs discuss working outside your comfort zone
Recorded on Friday, October 16, 2015
- What if .NET disappeared tomorrow?
- Programming vs. architecting vs. project management
- Other technologies in ASP.NET vNext
- Working outside Windows?
- Development and infrastructure issues on Windows vs. non-Windows
- The importance of patience when diving into a new language/OS/technology/tool
- Becoming familiar with the command line/PowerShell
- The ease of getting set up with a new environment using a VM
- Bash-like terminals in Windows
- Using deployment as a means of learning new tools
- Working with ASP.NET vNext without Visual Studio
- Experimenting with your build script and test projects
- Conferences/user groups/code retreats as a tool for learning
- Microsoft's new direction: chasing a market or listening to the community?